Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Getting Cosy!


Its Dark, hot and humid. I'm running, wounded and poisoned. my legs are tired and hanging for a break. I start to feel as lazy as a panda munching on a ripe bamboo branch. I need a rest. I cannot go on. I stop and think of were to go, I’m thinking back to my training, trying to remember any techniques that could be used in this situation. At that very moment the solution appeared out of thin air I remembered the camouflage technique and started to paint my face with mud and buried my body under it. Hours have gone, and I lay here in the hope that everyone would just kill each other so I would win and go back to my family back in district 12. The games has made me appreciate what I have, my mum and my farm (especially my pigs), instead of wanting and taking more. As the day goes on the temperature starts to get warmer, and the cool, moist mud that is covering my hot sweaty body relieves the pain associated with the heat. I’m beginning to get worried, I cant stay here forever, at some point I have to get up and continue, otherwise I’m going to starve. At that very same moment I hear an unusual sound just a couple of km away. I pause, and lay as still as water in a pond, Not moving a single muscle hoping whatever it is would walk right passed, oblivious to me. My heart was a was a jackhammer that seemed to rattle within my ribcage. I open my eye to see what is going on but quickly hear another sound and shut my eye, I hear footsteps, fast steps one after the other. I'm frightened, afraid, I try to keep as still as possible. The steps get louder and faster when all of a sudden a voice whispers, ‘‘peeta’’. I pause for the second time and opened my eyes. To my pleasant surprise it was katniss. she couldn't see me. "You here to finish me off, sweetheart?'' I say sarcastically and I gesture to her to let her know where I am. ''That was a close one'' I quietly say to myself.Image result for peeta mellark camouflage

No comments:

Post a Comment